Since, our alpha release in March and limited beta access in May this year – we are now happy and glad to announce the arrival of public beta of MultiPLX.com
We had been working hard to bring in an experience that is par at Google Reader and the speed of same. Also, we wanted to make sure that all feature requests from our UserVoice forums were addressed and ship them to you with the best quality.
With this release we introduce the following new features for all of you:
- Import all your previous starred, liked and shared items – if you are a Google Reader user and have taken a checkout of your current items, choose the Upload option from the Import/Export settings page to import all of them into your current timeline. Unlike others, we have no limits on the number of imported items.
- Public Folder Sharing – All folder can now be shared as public with their own public page – your friends can then add the same folder into their own timelines via the RSS links.
- Feed Clips & Blog Rolls – Feed clips and Blog rolls are two features that are the most sought after ones – Don’t let your website gadgets or blog widgets die out – just import your feeds into MultiPLX and let us take care of the rest. Update your site/blog’s web code and let the feed clips and blog roll live for ever.
- API Platform – We are also glad to introduce a complete API platform that is at par with current Google Reader APIs – just change the domain name of your current applications code to make it work with MultiPLX. Documentation and SDK coming very soon.
- Hide read items – select this option to remove items as you read them.
- Option to hide the sharing bar – select this option to hide the sharing items that are shown in the modal dialog.
- Added Pocket, and buffer as sharing options – you asked, we added them.
- Mark all as read – Click this button to mark all current items in the home view, folder view or the feed view as read.
- Advanced bottom bar – select this option to show the advanced bottom navigation bar that consists of various handy shortcuts.
- Mark as Unread item – Clicking this would mark an item unread.
The following bugs have also been taken care of:
- Performance issues – MultiPLX is now upto 10 times faster in various workflows. In the last two months our mean response time has been under 500 milliseconds with 99.99% uptime.
- Make the title clickable - In list view clicking on the post title was not working via the modal dialog.
- Many cross-browser UI issues - we now support even IE7.
- Responsive issues to make MultiPLX look on various devices.
On our feature list for the next few releases are the following items:
- Full SSL support
- Searching within your timelines
- Google Reader synchronization
- Social authentication
- More customization’s and sharing options
- Keyboard shortcuts
Going forth, we will be updating MultiPLX more than once a week to roll out smaller chunks of features and bug fixes.
Have fun folks,