In the last 4 weeks, we haven’t pushed a major update to MultiPLX - this has been a general perception. During this time we made a lot of changes to our infrastructure. We added more servers, upgraded our database servers to latest version of the software to improve query performance, and also added more monitoring checks. We made our crawlers more robust and faster - crawling up to 5 times more feeds in any given time now.
Last week, on 25th Aug 2013, we also pushed a new build of MultiPLX web application live, bringing features like full SSL capability and better performance for our users. However, due to some incoming bug reports we had to roll back our release.
The release we pushed live brought in more features like AJAX based page refreshes, SSL, and many many bug fixes. Once the build was live, one of our users reported that he was able to see read items in his timeline, when his setting dictated otherwise. We tested it our end and found to be a genuine issue. Another issue we found was that in case of faster flipping of entries the number of unread items was getting corrupted. After deliberate discussions within our DEV team, we decided to rollback this release to not worsen the user experience.
The bugs are now fixed and tested thoroughly at our end - and our release train is ready. The train will make its stop on to the production servers early next week.
We also have decided to make more frequent releases with smaller number of features to bring them early to you.